Friday, February 24, 2012

Here I go!

I'm sure everyone remembers, if not had, Livejournal. Livejournal got me through college, and the two or three years post-college, aka my Meredith Grey phase. Interpret that however you may.

Suffice it to say, right before I deleted my Livejournal, I went back and read some of my earliest entries, and holyfreakingshit was I dumb. I had so much second-hand embarrassment for my 18 year old self that I barely got past the first few months. Then I skipped ahead a couple of years to sophomore year of college, when I started to have problems with my boyfriend at the time, whom I dated for four years (with a break in the middle-- that should have been the end). Holy overshare Batman. Then I skipped another few years to the time when I was seeing, and then trying to get over, a guy I'll call crazystupidemowhinywannabeartist. That's a period of time I'd like to just erase. So... I did. It felt like throwing away or burning an old diary: slightly painful, but liberating.

That being said... this blog will be different. No more oversharing of my *deepest, darkest secrets*, no more silly, stupid quizzes, "no more tears, no more tangles." I just want to have fun and hopefully connect with some people!

2 comments:

  1. I can't bring myself to delete my Livejournals! I have two that are functional still. My high school LJ is gone forever. I wish it wasn't! My LJ is HILARIOUS. So, so embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Of course I remember you good ole sting days :) I so had a live journal in my early college days and it was so embarrassing when I found it again the other day wow! I love blogging such a wonderful hobby and now I know not what to share like back in the day haha! Let me know if you need help with anything I just learned as I went along really and still learning lots!

    ReplyDelete